Parliament debates, adopts clauses in the NGO Bill
You are here
When it happened
A total of 8 clauses were considered and adopted with proposed amendments. Clause 3 was deferred to allow debate on the entire Bill before considering the definitions. Click here for a curation of the tweets from the day's proceedings at Parliament.
- Parliament adopted the proposal to change the name of the "NGO Board" to "NGO Bureau"
- Parliament adopted the proposal to delete the function of the NGO Bureau to issue applicant NGOs with "certificates of incorporation" under clause 6 (i).
- Parliament adopted proposal to delete power of the NGO Bureau to impose "any other discplinary action that the Bureau may deem fit" under clause 7 (b)(v).
- Parliament adopted proposal to provide for two (2) representatives from the NGO sector to the Board of Directors of the NGO Bureau.
- Parliament adopted proposal to provide for seven (7) members to the Board of Directors of the Bureau.
The debate stopped on clause 9. Parliament resumes on 3rd September 2015 at 10:00am to continue from clause 10 of the Bill.